Thursday 8 July 2010

Liteon 8X Top Load DVDrw Black

 BUY HERE:




Technical Details

  • With True Enhanced Performance.
  • Latest Technical Development.
This is the portable DVD drive I've been waiting for. I have a rather large external CD/DVD that is basically a desktop unit in a case. It works great, but it is not portable. I have an LG unit that has a slide in and is supposedly "pure" USB, but it actually has two connectors and takes up two USB inputs, one for supplementary power. I find that unit to be buggy and not always work; I also don't like the slide in slot because I forget to take out my disk and need to power it up to get it out.

What I've wanted for a long time was a small portable unit, barely bigger than the size of a disk, that pops open and runs on one USB port without the need for external power. Why the top load? Well, first of all its operation is mechanical - if I forget a disk is in there it doesn't require power to take it out, and secondly it can play mini dvds. The convenience of a single connector is really nice.

The USB cable fits on a slot on the bottom of the drive so it is easy to carry and not get tangled with other cords. If you have a netbook or small laptop without a DVD player, or if sometimes you'd like a second one, this unit is perfect. And it is also inexpensive.

It also seems to work just fine. I tried loading some programs that give me problems on the LG unit and this one ran with no problems and felt very responsive. The laptop I used it on is Windows 7 64 bit, so compatibility should not be a problem with any Windows unit.







MORE INFO

lite on dvd writers,lite on dvd external,lite on esau208 01 external slim dvd burner,lite on external dvd writer,liteon external dvd writer,dvd burner external usb
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment